XW generator start question [RE-wrenches]

Mark Edmunds mark.edmunds at xantrex.com
Fri Apr 25 11:36:09 PDT 2008

Hi All,

This change will be incorporated in all the new XW-AGS (Automatic Gen
Start) modules we build, but there is stock of the original
configuration making its way through the distributor channels etc. You
can tell if you have the simplified 2 wire support capability if Gen
type 14 shows up in the set up menus.

If you need this feature  you can contact our customer support group and
they can loan you a USB programming dongle, then the upgrade code can be
down loaded pretty simply.

http://www.xantrex.com/support/case/technical.asp

William - You can use 2 AGS modules on a single XW system, we have a
couple sites where they have done this and it works well, with one
generator being the primary AC source on AC1, the other as back up on
AC2.

Best,

Mark

Mark Edmunds