Grundfos submersible pump [RE-wrenches]

Matt Tritt solarone at charter.net
Tue Apr 22 18:17:36 PDT 2008

<x-flowed>

Bruce,

This is a common problem with pumps that use anode type water sensors,
regardless of make. Water is sensed by conductivity between the anode
and the pump case, so if something occurs to interfere, such as algae,
iron oxide, calcium deposits and other minerals that effectively screw
up the "normal" conductance of fresh water, the controller won't react
appropriately. This is why some companies use a float actuated micro
switch enclosed within a protective cage, which I believe is a better
method.

Matt T

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php