Solar City and residential leasing [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks billbrooks7 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 20 19:35:05 PDT 2008

Marco,

I'm a little concerned that everyone believes that Solar City's use of the
commercial ITC is indisputable. Although I'm not saying that they can't do
it this way, there is historical precedent for IRS problems with many of the
3rd party deals that took place in the 1980s. I wish the Solar City folks
the best, but I would really want some great tax lawyers on my team with
experience in 1980s fraud cases before I would be sure of myself. I answered
a lot of calls from the Federal IRS when I helped start the NC Solar Center
in 1988, and it does not leave you with a very happy feeling.

I don't argue with the logic as to why it should be fine, but when we deal
with the IRS, logic often has little to do with it.

Bill.