Grundfos submersible pump compliance with NEC [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Sun Apr 20 10:50:36 PDT 2008

Bob,
Seconding Randy's comments. Indeed, as Grundfos submersibles have become the
default pump selection for many off-grid applications, and issues of the
need for listed equipment now reaching well pump installations, Grundfos US
should assume responsibility for your situation, by covering both the work
and expense of field-certifying your installation. Then Grundfos needs to
get the components used in the US listed.

I am waiting for what happened to you to happen here as well. We have
generally cooperative and reasonable inspectors, but our history is that
water pumping installations are seldom permitted (other than as part of a
larger project) and are virtually never inspected. That will likely change;
it's just a matter of time.

I would encourage you to put some pressure on Grundfos to cover your
situation in full.

I think I have the cards of some senior folks at Grundfos US, from a
conversation at Solar Power 2007. If I find them I'll forward names to you
off-list.

Allan Sindelar
Positive Energy