long interconnects [RE-wrenches]

Drake Chamberlin Drake.Chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org
Thu Apr 17 11:02:29 PDT 2008

<x-flowed>

Hello Wrenches,

We have an array configuration that would favor having some long
interconnects between modules in a string.  I'm not sure how to
figure the voltage for the wire sizing.  As the positive terminal of
one is connected to the negative terminal of the next, the wire
essentially constitutes one terminal, which in theory would have a
nearly uniform voltage (minus IR losses).

What is the magnitude of the EMF which produces current in the
interconnect?  Do we look at the potential of the entire array,
taking into account the resistance of the load (the inverter in this
case)?  What resistance does an array see through an inverter?

Thank you,

Drake

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php