Roof top J-boxes [RE-wrenches]

Drake Chamberlin Drake.Chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org
Fri Apr 18 09:30:18 PDT 2008

<x-flowed>

At 06:54 AM 4/18/2008, you wrote:

>going through the roof with sealtite

Have you ever had a problem with an inspector?  We have encountered
inspectors who will not accept FMC.  LFMC would seem to fall into the
same category.  The NEC states metal conduit, so it should be fine, but.....

Although it is not mentioned in the code, rumor has it that some fire
marshals want to see only GRC penetrating the roof.  That was news to
me, as I've never had a problem with EMT.  Has anyone ever had  EMT rejected?

On this issue of boots creating a problem, and I've sealed small
conduits going through the roof, quite successfully, with mastic.  I
tend to make a cone around the pipe with it.  No problems reported.

Drake

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com