NABCEP test [RE-wrenches]

Ezra Auerbach, DragonSun Consulting ezra at lasqueti.net
Fri Mar 28 16:09:54 PDT 2008

<x-flowed>

So sorry gents please find the corrected version below - Allan is correct I'm a Mac user. I hope I've purged the offending code this time.

Hello all,

A good deal of comment has been made recently about the March 15 NABCEP PV Installer Exam being somehow easier than before. This is simply not true; no effort of any sort has been made to make the NABCEP PV Installer Exam any easier. Oddly enough sometime ago NABCEP was accused of making the test too difficult we did not do that either. Indeed, the question bank changes and some questions are given a rest while others are added new. This is done precisely so folks who take one round of the exam won=92t be able to predict what the questions in the next round will be. Imagine how compromised the NABCEP exam would be if forums like this discussed the test in public and we kept on asking the same questions year after year.

Each NABCEP Exam is developed by a Test Committee with the aid of a psychometrican; they are all guided by the Task Analysis which is developed by the Technical Committee with input from stakeholders. The Task Analysis is posted on the NABCEP web site. We encourage educators to use the Task Analysis as a foundation for curriculum development. The Task Analysis is also a very useful tool for anyone preparing for the NABCEP Certification in a very open way it shows the areas which will be covered in the exam.

NABCEP needs and values feedback on the Exam, it is a critical part of the tester/testee loop. Indeed feedback is so important that since the very first NABCEP Exam there have been Candidate Comment Forms distributed to all test takers. We ask everyone who has a comment, 20 suggestion, etc. to complete the form after they complete their Certification Exam. These forms go to the Chair of the Test Committee, the phychometrician and NABCEP staff and are taken very seriously and kept confidential. They are a hugely valuable window into the test and how it looks from the test takers perspective. We urge all of you who have comments to make about any NABCEP exam to use the correct channels and use the Candidate Comment Form. We can guarantee you that your comments will be read in this form, We can not make the same assurance about comments made on blogs and public forums.

Regards,

Ezra Auerbach
Chairperson NABCEP

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com