s!5 Clamps [RE-wrenches]

Chris Meier chrism at unirac.com
Mon Mar 24 08:26:12 PDT 2008

Hi Kirpal

	The biggest issue with S-5 usage is testing. At this point there
is limited testing on different roofs using a pull off testing
procedures. The listed testing on the S-5 website is pulling along the
seam. What we have found is the pull off is much more critical than was
ever imagined. Because of this I can say we have pulled on several roofs
but the one with the most testing from us is the Butler SMR 24. But you
need to use an S-5 with two set screws to achieve a usable strength.
This roof allows for 500 lbs of design strength if you pull between the
roof clips at a 48" roof clip spacing. The best design is to set the
roof clip spacing to the same spacing as the S-5 this will allow the
loads to be transferred direct to the roof clips an into the structure.
Our engineering is based on an S-5 that is 2.5" long this seams to
spread the set screws apart enough to give use better results.

Chris Meier

Product Manager

UniRac, Inc.

1411 Broadway Blvd. NE

Albuquerque, NM   87102-1545

Ph:  505-242-6411

Fx:  505-242-6412

Email:  chrism at unirac.com

Web:   http://www.unirac.com

This message contains confidential and privileged information, which is
intended for the individual(s) to whom it is addressed.  It should not
be reviewed, retransmitted, disseminated, or otherwise used by a
person(s) or entities other than the intended recipient.  If you
received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete the
material from your computer system(s).