Master-metered communities [RE-wrenches]

Mark Frye markf at berkeleysolar.com
Thu Mar 20 19:26:47 PDT 2008

Bruce,

My current understanding of the problem you face is this:

The current master-meter is grandfathered in.  The baseline allocation is
based on the total number of units.  So if the territory allotment is 12kwh
baseline per unit and you had 100 units you got 1200kwh in baseline.

These old mater-meter rates are no longer available.

PG&E will let you put in the net-meter at the master meter, but you will
have to take E-6 TOU with only one units worth of baseline (12 kwh for the
example above).  Basically, the whole community would instantly be on TOU,
in tier 5, with only one little PV system to offset.

Mark Frye
Berkeley Solar Electric Systems
271 Vistamont Dr
Grass Valley CA 95945