NABCEP test [RE-wrenches]

Sky Sims sky at ecologicalsystems.biz
Mon Mar 17 20:56:07 PDT 2008

Hmm, I was in the first round of testing as well and all of those
questions were in there. Also you weren't given any formulas to use
during the test. So if you didn't know the formulas by heart you didn't
have much of a chance of passing.

My most vivid memory from the test was having the voltage drop formula
flash into my head along with several other formulas and a feeling of
relief that I had memorized them albeit unintentionally. Apparently
regular use of key calculations during system planning pays off if you
intend to take the 1st round of NABCEP testing. I have no idea about the
current rounds of testing. I certainly hope the standards aren't going
down.

Although I've always been of the opinion that you shouldn't have to
memorize formulas, that's what reference manuals are for. But I
certainly agree with verifying a persons ability to use the formulas. If
the test isn't then they need to re-visit that.

Sky Sims
Ecological Systems
www.ecologicalsystems.biz
220 County Road 522