Multiple Mates, Not that kind. OB Mates! [RE-wrenches]

Christopher Freitas --- OutBack Power cfreitas at outbackpower.com
Tue Feb 19 14:25:07 PST 2008

Tump -

(Michael - I'll even try to give this answer without any sophomoric
humor)

There still is no multiple MATE solution for the OutBack Power
communication system - unfortunately, only one MATE can still be used on
a system.

The solution I have used on this is to have two MATEs - one in the kiosk
and one in the equipment room - and to just unplug one and connect the
other when required.  The OutBack system tolerates hot swapping of MATEs
with only some slight oddities occurring while the old MATE is
disconnected until the new MATE "polls" the system and starts doing the
fine coordination functions

The other option which has also been done is to use a PC based
monitoring system for the kiosk (WinVerter or WattPlot) and keep the
MATE in the equipment room with the computer.  Here is a link to our
forum section on the available PC programs which work with the OutBack
system:

Winverter -

http://www.outbackpower.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=30&sid=6d472db9f504640
9da91f849034925f3