Why I abuse batteries was: trojan battery cycle [RE-wrenches]

Drake Chamberlin Drake.Chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org
Fri Feb 15 16:10:03 PST 2008

<x-flowed>

Allan,

The bubbles are very useful yes, but while there are bubbles in the
electrolyte, the weight of the fluid is less due, to the gas in the
water.  I wait until batteries have gassed out before taking SG measurements.

It might be hard to use specific gravity to regulate the state of
charge, since bubbles would be present during the reading.  Maybe a
correction factor could be applied, but the amount of gas in the
liquid would vary depending on the rate of the charge.

Drake

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com