Sanyo panel short MC wires [RE-wrenches]

Sky Sims sky at ecologicalsystems.biz
Fri Feb 8 14:42:49 PST 2008

William,

This is a 2.5 acre site, the panels are on my shop roof in the back so
the mail man ups etc. don't go back there unless supervised. With
perimeter barrier almost 100 yards from the panel location. Unless the
panels sprout wings they aren't making it off the property. No children
are onsite except when supervised, all visitors are aware of the arrays
(I'm always bragging about them). If we have a category 4 storm I'm more
worried about falling trees, flying cars, rocks and collapsing buildings
than I am about a roof full of solar panels flying around. My testing is
done mainly to prove how over board we as an industry have gone. I'm all
for designing things to withstand the 100 year storm and Armageddon. But
not when it means that we have to continue using nuclear and coal. Tens
of thousands die every year because we haven't switched to clean energy
yet. Raise the bar to high and you'll kill hundreds of times more than
you save. Don't believe me? Check out the statistics on Chernobyl.
Hundreds of thousands dead and dieing and it Bankrupted an entire
country. Living within a hundred miles of the oldest nuclear plant in
the entire world makes me nervous. Especially when a malfunction occurs
and the temperature of the entire bay its sitting in rises so fast in 10
minutes that it kills all the fish in the entire bay. Happened about a
year ago.

Is there danger in this industry? Certainly, but we can't protect
against stupid. And even the worst solar accident will not kill an
entire region of the country.

Hope I answered your question,
Sky Sims
Ecological Systems