xantrex and outback warranty [RE-wrenches]

Christopher Freitas --- OutBack Power cfreitas at outbackpower.com
Thu Feb 7 10:30:05 PST 2008

Kirpal and Wrenches -

OutBack offers an optional 10 year extended warranty for California
grid-tie applications on both the Grid-tie FXs and FM80.

There is an additional charge for this of $599 for the GVFX/GTFX
inverter and $250 for the FM80 controllers.  Complete information is
included in the back of the manuals which can be downloaded from our
website -

http://www.outbackpower.com/pdfs_manuals/GTFX%20AND%20GVFX%20Inverter-Charger_REV_A.pdf

http://www.outbackpower.com/pdfs_manuals/FLEXmax%2080_REV_A.pdf

The FM80 has a standard 5 year warranty (the MX60 is only 2 year).  The
standard warranty on the FX inverters is also 2 years.

We are looking at extending the standard warranty on the inverters to a
longer period as the failure rates are actually low. The longer warranty
would be specific for grid-tie applications as they typically do not get
the abuse that we see in the off-grid applications.  How we manage that
is the challenge we are trying to figure out.

Christopher Freitas
OutBack Power Systems, Inc.
cfreitas @ outbackpower.com
www.outbackpower.com