MX60's and positive ground [RE-wrenches]

Carl Emerson, Free Power Ltd. freepower at freepower.co.nz
Tue Jan 15 14:36:50 PST 2008

Hi there team,

Yes we have the issues sorted out now and the conclusion is the hub/mate
combination can be used safely with positive earth.

If anyone wants a copy of Chris's diagram let me know.

Thanks Daryl and Bob for your comments.

Carl Emerson
Free Power Ltd.
Auckland N.Z.

Subject: RE: MX60's and positive ground [RE-wrenches]

Carl, Darryl and All -

I just sent Carl the diagram - his request was a little unusual in that
he also wanted to have ground fault protection in the system - which can
be done.

One caution - the MX60 is not listed for positive ground applications
and the method we use for positive ground applications is not completely
NEC compliant - but it is safe and works.

It does require a special wiring configuration and the use of two pole
breakers or a GFP breaker.  If it is not installed per our instructions
it is possible to damage the HUB due to currents in the communication
cables.

Christopher

Christopher Freitas
OutBack Power Systems, Inc.