[RE-wrenches] Outback VFX input voltage cycling

jay peltz jay at asis.com
Sat Dec 27 08:58:17 PST 2008

Hi Ron,

Almost for sure its the genny.  What type and when was it last
serviced and how many hours does it have?

if the voltage is going all over the place really quickly then its not
connecting to the inverter at all.

So here is a test that might help.  Turn on a resistive load such as a
floor heater ( size depends on the generator) to lock in the voltage.
At this point if the voltage is constant, then the inverter might
connect.

If this works, then the problem is most likely the genny, which case
its needs some work.

jay

peltz power