[RE-wrenches] battery commissioning

robert ellison reellison at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 02:24:20 PST 2008

Ron,
I think it would change little as the shipping weight would be about the
same, I am assuming they would ship the acid with the batteries and you have
to do the commissioning and charging.
With wet batteries you will need to charge them as a matter of good practice
if they sit there for a long time.
 .
But you don't have to get the acid drops on you from filling them. I swear
that even wearing a rubber suit, I still get drops of the acid on me. Most
of the time it is not noticeable till after a wash.
I expect the factory would rather do it for quality control reasons also.
The less you mess with the acid the better, it takes a lot of concentration
to keep from overfilling the cells without a filling tool.

Bob