[RE-wrenches] load side taps and NEC 240.21

August Goers august at luminalt.com
Fri Dec 5 17:01:29 PST 2008

Jerry -

A line tap typically occurs between the utility meter and the main breaker - not after the main breaker on the load side. It seems that you are describing a load side tap which follows the 120% rule under 2008 NEC; I might be misunderstanding the situation. Please clarify. There are few folks out there who are able handle these large commercial grade interconnections and I think it is well worth discussing.

Good luck! -August

 August Goers

Luminalt Energy Corporation
4000 Irving Street