[RE-wrenches] More on AC coupling

Dana Brandt dana at ecotechenergy.com
Wed Nov 26 13:32:14 PST 2008

Thanks for the report, Steve. I'm also a huge fan of the European SI. We
need to be careful when we start to compare operations across the ocean. The
US version of the SI is a bit different from the European version. SMA in
Germany decided that the full-featured SI would be too expensive for the US
market, so they sent us a stripped down, cheaper version. The US version
still has some nice features, but it has some limitations when compared to
the full-featured European version. One of the brilliant aspects of the
full-featured SI is the multi-master operation. I wrote a little bit on the
SI for AC minigrids and the multi-master operation in HP 109 - Oct/Nov 2005.
It's frustrating to me that SMA hasn't UL listed a full-featured SI for us
in the States, but they must figure it doesn't make financial sense for
them.

Dana

--
Dana Brandt