[RE-wrenches] tankless hot water and pumping question

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 13 18:40:06 PST 2008

Hi Todd
the energy for pumping even with this surface tank is to give concern. Set your water resivour precharge low, perhaps 15 to 20 PSI set your cutoff at 20 to 25 PSI be careful the tankless may not run under these condtitons.  I have never seen a pump on demand that did not greatly increase the pump energy, and the below mentioned pump will not work well with a pump-to-demand system as it will constantly cycle.

My building inspector does not allow grade level tanks as the warm temp adds to baterica growth.

I think the better choice is a DC pump such as mentioned below, rather than an AC that requires the operation of the inverter.
Darryl