[RE-wrenches] tankless hot water and pumping question

robert ellison reellison at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 18:28:23 PST 2008

Todd,
I have had good luck with systems like this using a Shurflo 120 volt pump
3.3 GPM but the 24 volt is simular. If you feed them from a standing tank
they seem to pump well over spec and hang around for a long time. Run the
output to as big a pressure tank as you can get. The larger the better, in
some instances i have used a pair of 80 gallon tanks. Long draw time between
having to rely on just the pumps output.

The heater you re thinking of is the Aquastar hydro. 120HX I think. Works
well with the above combination just feed it with 3/4 water lines in and out
and put at least 6' of flue pipe on it. Make sure you oversize the gas line
also.

Later,
Bob