[RE-wrenches] Need help to get power torque wrench

William Miller wrmiller at charter.net
Wed Nov 12 09:10:29 PST 2008

Darryl:

I would hesitate before using a "cheater bar" on 1/4X20 stainless.  The
torque specs are very low and do not require any mechanical advantage.  If
you break a bolt in a top-down situation, you can end up spending a lot of
time sliding in a new bolt.

We use the Makita cordless impact drivers.  I was at first dismayed that
there is no torque setting -- instead the amount of time spent driving
determines torque -- but we have become accustomed to the tools and they do
a good job for us.

William Miller