[RE-wrenches] Pt valves as overheat control

Drake Chamberlin drake.chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org
Tue Nov 11 16:40:02 PST 2008

At 09:15 AM 11/11/2008, you wrote:
>My question....is there a more robust version of that P/T valve
>that I should be using? Something that you would use in a boiler perhaps?

I'm not really a hot water guy either, but I'm scheming on putting in
solar hot water with a wood stove backup loop.  I was thinking of
using a valve from a dishwasher or washing machine.  They are
electrically controlled, and designed to take hot water straight from
the tank.  Control the electric valve with an aquastat.  If there is
no place to thread the aquastat into the tank, it would be more
difficult, but still possible with a bit of plumbing.  For sure the
T/P valve would be needed for whenever the power went down.

Drake Chamberlin
Athens Electric
OH License 44810
CO License 3773