[RE-wrenches] Sharp racking on cement roof tiles

William Miller wrmiller at charter.net
Wed Oct 29 21:55:23 PDT 2008

Max:

We had a client who, on a barrel tile roof,  insisted on removing tiles
from under the array but wanted to keep tiles below the array.  There was
no good way to divert water from under the lower tiles.  The roofer first
tried using some roll roof that cracked and then used lead flashing.  There
was still a mosquito pond where the water pooled.  Also, the "built in"
look creates cooling flow restrictions.  We eventually gave up on the built
in look.

Wm