[RE-wrenches] State licensing for PV installers in Texas

North Texas Renewable Energy Inc ntrei at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 29 15:05:31 PDT 2008

Also to elaborate, The Texas license will restrict any work "on the AC side of the inverter" by anyone but a State licensed Electrical Contractor. I am stating, in a reply (to the group working on the language) "since the inverter AC output is current-limited by design, from a safety perspective the DC side could be considered as or more dangerous than the AC side."
Is this statement a valid one?
Jim