[RE-wrenches] Request for Enphase inverter comments

Marv Dargatz mdargatz at enphaseenergy.com
Fri Oct 24 10:01:50 PDT 2008

Wrenches,

The Enphase system meets all regulatory requirements for a utility
interactive PV system.  Also, we were very careful and thorough in
making sure that it meets all NEC requirements.  If you run into an AHJ
who has objections, please put them in contact with our Customer Support
people at (877)797-4743.

Any new technology raises new questions, and there are always some
doubting Thomas's.  We have been dealing with this on a case by case
basis.  Usually it is just a matter of education.

Both Bill Brooks and John Wiles are well aware of our products and their
application in the field.  We can certainly ask for their assistance in
addressing AHJ objections.

Regarding disconnects; connectors can serve as disconnects.  Also,
690.18 specifically allows an opaque covering to disable the module.
This is especially appropriate with a micro-inverter connected to a
single module.

Please let me know if I can help.

See Ya!

Marv