[RE-wrenches] Magnum: meter won't reset; Internal Bridge error

boB Gudgel bob at midnitesolar.com
Mon Sep 22 14:39:58 PDT 2008

boB says:
I forgot one possibly important thing !!

Mick says:
The battery string is 400 amp hours, which also happens to be the
Magnum default. This setting pre-disposes the Magnum charger for a 120 minute
absorption period before shifting to float. 2% of 400 is only eight amps, so
I'll bet the Magnum unit is dropping into float before the DC amperage can
taper to the 2% level. I need to get my customer to confirm that as a possible
explanation why we're not getting the reset...if I can explain that in a fax.

boB says:

      Setting the Amp-Hours to higher than 400 AH will lengthen the Absorb time.
      This ~might~  just be the ticket....   May help at least.

boB