[RE-wrenches] Front Loader Washing Machines and Modified square wave inverters

R. Walters walters at taosnet.com
Wed Aug 27 13:06:57 PDT 2008

I would not recommend it at all. The new Stabers are hard to get to
work correctly even on the SW+ inverters.  I love my Sears front
loader, but I have an Outback.
I recommend a top loader or sinewave inverter.
I have customers with relatively small systems (under 1000 watts)
that are running top loaders (with the simple mechanical dial
control, no electronics) on mod sine.
They have done fine for years.

Ray

On Aug 27, 2008, at 11:46 AM, flit at rockisland.com wrote:

> Any current recomendations for a front loading clothes washing
> machine to
> run on a modified square wave (aka mod sine wave) inverter?  Client is
> using a Magnum RD3924.
>
> John Mottl
> www.rainshadowsolar.com

> List rules & etiquette: