[RE-wrenches] Battery Question

David Palumbo dave at independentpowerllc.com
Tue Aug 5 11:33:21 PDT 2008

Kirpal,

Ask Surrette directly on this. I recall having this done on an order of
batteries being shipped to Africa about ten years ago. They had to be
special ordered without electrolyte (cost more for this - an extra step for
the manufacturer as it was explained to me) and also had to be dried out and
sealed (as I remember) so that there would be no corrosion inside the cell.
I think that the shelf life was a year or less before they needed to be
filled with electrolyte.

Dave Palumbo
Independent Power LLC