[RE-wrenches] Surrette Battery Question

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Sun Aug 3 17:12:50 PDT 2008

Jay,
You're right about leaving off the post at the bottom - whoops. It's at the
bottom here.

About voltage drop: I meant only that by running the array at a higher
voltage than the batteries, there could never be sufficient hot-weather and
undersized-wire voltage drop to prevent the array from exceeding the EQ
voltage of the batteries. This is most often a potential problem with 12V
systems. I mentioned it only to eliminate it as a possible cause of this
situation.

The Surrette Tech Bulletin 614 is available for download at
http://surrette.com/files/BU-RS-614.pdf. My understanding is that this
bulletin is the direct result of the complaints on this list about two years
ago about Surrette battery performance and life.

Allan