[RE-wrenches] Gray code area

Drake Chamberlin drake.chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org
Mon Jul 28 13:02:47 PDT 2008

Kent and Jerry,

Thanks for the ideas.  The idea of a label is a good one.  Since the
building in which the box is located is fed by a completely separate
service, no loads should ever be tapped from it. The inspector should
be contacted first, since this method is not completely in line with
the code rules.

The breaker cannot really be down sized, since it feeds the
residence.  The solar feed would be about 46 amps, or about 23% of
the rating of the mains.  Can we use adjustable trip breakers to meet
the 20% requirement?  If we use them, do we need certification
concerning their amperage capacity?

The problem with more spaces being available on the bus bar might be
addressed by altering the bar.  But, I'm guessing that this would
void its listing.

Drake