[RE-wrenches] Gray code area

Jerry Caldwell solarcowboy at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 27 14:45:59 PDT 2008

Drake,

I agree that taking it up with your inspector ahead of time is a good idea, but it is possible he may not accept the argument that the panel isn't for loads if there are additional spaces for breakers that someone could use later on.

How much inverter capacity (amps) are you connecting to the panel?  Is
it possible to change out the breaker for a smaller one or de-tune the trip setting of the breaker to
bring you in compliance with the sum of breakers rule?

Cheers,

Jerry Caldwell

Recurrent Energy