[RE-wrenches] Battery charging with XW series equipment

Mark Edmunds mark.edmunds at xantrex.com
Mon Jul 28 10:03:40 PDT 2008

Hi Todd, Wrenches,

The XW does use an intelligent algorithm taking input data from all
charging devices and the battery voltage to come with an estimate for
the battery state of charge. This is pretty good, but agree an amp-hour
meter would be a nice addition to get even more accuracy on this.
Needless to say this has been looked at closely in house and all the
hooks were designed in to add a system A-h meter module...we need to
figure out when and how we can best add this. No definite answer yet,
but all input appreciated.

Cheers,

Mark

Mark Edmunds
Xantrex Technology Inc.

I wish they would address the question I asked about why they neglected
to include an amp hour meter that communicates with their charge
controller on a battery based system.

Todd