grundfos sqflex [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Wed Jun 25 16:01:15 PDT 2008

Jay,
We recently installed a 1/2hp Grundfos SQ AC sub in a rainwater tank, using
a method recommeded by our well supply house. It is essentially like Windy's
advice. We used a 4' piece of 4" PVC well casing and a standard 4" sanitary
seal on one end. This gave us pipe and wire attachment and sealed one end.
It also allowed the intake water to flow over the pump, cooling it. I glued
a scrap of PVC casing inside the sleeve to hold the pump centered, and set
the sleeve on bricks to keep it above collected debris.

Allan at Positive Energy