Poor PV Manufacturers' Customer Support [RE-wrenches]

Joel Davidson joel.davidson at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 23 08:01:25 PDT 2008

<x-flowed>

Jay,

Good point. Contractors get on the rebate program eligible list, watch list,
or sh*t list but manufacturers get on the eligible list with no oversight. I
think the old CEC solar group would have supported manufacturer oversight,
but I don't think CalSEIA, SEIA, or other organizations that depend on PV
manufacturers for revenue could support it. Is this something for NABCEP or
the IPP to take to the CPUC? Does anyone see any downsides to manufacturer
oversight similar to contractor accountability?

Joel Davidson