25 kW inverter [RE-wrenches]

Paul Israel paul at sunlightsolar.com
Thu Jun 12 13:18:07 PDT 2008

Wrenches,

1.  Most Utility Interconnection Applications use the inverter nameplate to
determine system size for interconnection.

2.  The NEC uses it to size the OCPD.

3.  The manufacturers vary as to which inverter can handle power above the
nameplate rating.  Some will process the extra power others will not.
However, by the time we follow the manufacturers or figure for ourselves how
much wattage the inverter can efficiently process we are probably darn close
to the rated nameplate.  Time, that stringent beast, will limit it anyway.

4.  Oversizing an inverter for future expansion would limit us to installing
a 25kW inverter.  Installing a 50kW inverter and then putting 25kW of panels
would be questionable at best.  A loophole that would be quickly closed.

Hey, let's just change the law!

Paul N. Israel, President
paul at sunlightsolar.com
www.sunlightsolar.com