25 kW inverter [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Oldham starpower4u at juno.com
Thu Jun 12 09:47:44 PDT 2008

For sure don't use Inverter nameplate as pointed out, however it will see to it that you do not exceed the AC by much. I say "much" as most of us have seen an inverter exceed nameplate more then a few times for short periods. At the same time I can't see any engineering review assume it will exceed nameplate. I'm not sure if the CSI calculator will accept out of State Zips or not. If it does you will error on the safe side as the calc is a bit optimistic by 5-15% depending on site conditions and equipment. Another approach is to use the online inverter manufacturers calculators and plug in your temperature ranges. Here it tends to be a bit conservative depending on the manu. If you add 10% to their output numbers you should be safe.
Finally pick a hazy day for your inspection (just kidding!).
Good luck,
-jeff

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php