grid-tie inverters & generators [RE-wrenches]

daryl_solar at yahoo.com daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 5 05:15:46 PDT 2008

I have done several AC coupled systems using Outback and PVPowered, with very good luck, I use the critical circuit approach and the ATS is in the Outback.  HOwever I am limited in power with the present Outback configuratuin, and Outback is close to a change that makes this limit larger.  On small genny systems I have had good luck with DC coupled.

If the CC load is to large for the inverter to handle, a genny support inverter (Xantrex XW) the CC load.  I have done some genny support with Outback, but have been told this is not an approved approach.

I look forward to more information and perhaps I have an oddball data I can add.  contact off list if you want.
DT