grid-tie inverters & generators [RE-wrenches]

Kurt Albershardt info at es-ee.com
Wed Jun 4 09:00:51 PDT 2008

<x-flowed>

Critical circuits would be ideal, but the design gets complicated quickly when you try to accommodate utility interconnection requirements.  If I backfeed the critical circuits panel and put an ATS or MTS ahead of that, when the genset fires up the UL1741 inverter should ideally sync to (and reduce the load on) the genny.

Would love a safe, reliable way to do this without a genny, providing daytime power to run a few critical loads.  If I could wake up something like a small Exeltech would the big inverters sync to it?  Would the Exeltech overload and drop out before the load could be shared, or would I need coordinated switchgear to manage the changeover?

.

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com