SMA inverters & generators [RE-wrenches]

Carl Adams swingjunkie at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 10:35:07 PDT 2008

On a similar subject I will be installing a large grid tied array (15
kW) for an upcoming project.  The owner is also equipping the site
with a 45 kW backup generator.  In the event of the grid going down
will the SMA inverters be capable of synchronizing with the generator
(perhaps after adjusting the Hz, V, and time limits) as Jay suggests.

Blair please post what you find out from SMA.

Cheers
Carl