Drainback vs. Closed Loop WAS: mixing valves on SHW systems with gas backup [RE-

Bill Loesch solar1online at charter.net
Sat May 10 05:34:10 PDT 2008

Hi Ken,

I'm changing the subject as this has almost nothing to do with the initial
subject and the potential to deteriorate into a "my Dad can whip your Dad
scenario".

I am very pleased that you have had no(?) problems with drainback systems or
electronics or plumbing as well as gravity.
I wish you continued success.

There have been a plethora of SDHW system manufacturers entering the North
American market, primarily European, and I have not seen one of their
systems utilize anything but closed loop principles. Food for thought?

Bill Loesch
Solar 1 - Saint Louis Solar