mixing valves on SHW systems with gas backup [RE-wrenches]

Ken Schaal ken at commonwealthsolar.com
Sat May 10 03:35:42 PDT 2008

<x-flowed>

As we approach the summer season, and overheating of anti-freeze systems,
it's a good time to remember that drainback designs require nothing but
gravity to prevent dangerous temperatures that lead to increased callbacks
and maintenance problems. Not to mention the liability issues of scalding
water, and the increased corrosion activity in the tank.

Ken Schaal
CommonWealth Solar