point of connection [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks billbrooks7 at yahoo.com
Mon May 5 12:27:01 PDT 2008

${top_text_ad}
Dick,

After reading through Article 230 again, I think I agree with your
assessment that there is a single service and multiple service disconnects
when we connect to the supply side of the service disconnect. I also agree
with your assessment that Article 230 is referring to a total service
capacity and does not limit the minimum of individual service connections.

Article 230 also uses the term "tap", but this is confusing and potentially
dangerous. The "tap rule", commonly referred to in Article 240 only applies
to circuits downstream of the service disconnect and overcurrent protection.

I'm constantly learning and appreciate your insight into the NEC. There is
so much to know and understand about the code, and I want to make sure the
aspects of the code that affect PV systems are understood by myself first
and by those I teach. I will make a point to correct my reference to line
side service connections (and still avoid the confusing term "tap").

If there is any way you can find the time and finances to make it to our
June 5-6 meeting in Golden, Colorado, we could certainly use your input.
Please contact me offline to discuss your involvement at 707-332-0761.

Bill.