homework [RE-wrenches]

max balchowsky max at seesolar.com
Sun Apr 13 10:28:27 PDT 2008

The reason for the tilt is simple, those paying for my design time have asked that the panels be tilted..... The tilt will, in fact increase the production value of the system (although I don't think the increased production value is worth the extra cost of mounting hardware and labor, but, I just work here. The important question for me is where in Autocad 3D did you find the info of the deg of tilt of the vector? I'm using Autocad 2007, but I think a lot of the switches are in the same place as the earlier versions....

  Max

William Miller <wrmiller at charter.net> wrote:

Max:

I guess you miss my point: Why tilt the panels up and incur aesthetic,
structural and geometric headaches when there is so little to gain by doing
so in a grid-tie system?

Or, maybe I miss your point: Try this logic: If the roof slopes to 296 T
and your rows are flat on the roof, the azimuth of your modules is 296. If
the row is tilted up to vertical (even if it is running down the pitch)
your orientation is 206. The azimuth sweeps between the two orientations
depending on the tilt. My 3d cad shows the azimuth of the panels as 81 deg
west of south (261). This is the orientation of the modules when viewed
from overhead, ignoring tilt.

Or, you are not explaining your question in a manner that I understand....

William Miller

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com