homework [RE-wrenches]

max balchowsky max at seesolar.com
Sat Apr 12 22:46:16 PDT 2008

The azmuth shifts because the panels are on a roof that is tilted 22.6 degrees to the west (296 degrees).
  The panels are also tilted 15 degrees to the s/w (202 degrees) on the roof that is tilted at 22.6 deg to the west (296 DEG)

  max

William Miller <wrmiller at charter.net> wrote:

Max:

Isn't the azimuth you are looking for, uh, 206 degrees?

Instead, consider this idea: I ran the CSI EPBB calculator for Beverly
Hills using 20 Solar World SW175m modules flat on the roof you described,
with an inverter to match. The calculator indicated the flat-against-the
roof system would provide 93% of the production of a south facing array. I
would avoid trying to tilt modules up and instead add approximately 7% more
modules and lay them flat.

In my own humble opinion, tilting modules up in saw tooth fashion is
old-school.

William Miller

PS: You could run this model also in the PV Watts web based calculator. I
think you will find that the result is a bit more pessimistic, but still,
add even a few more modules and again, lay them flat on the roof.

WM

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com