EMF worries? [RE-wrenches]

Todd Cory, Mt. Shasta Energy Services toddcory at finestplanet.com
Thu Apr 10 08:10:12 PDT 2008

<x-flowed>

Being from Mount Shasta, I get plenty of "woo-woo" people concerned
about this stuff too. They are usually the same people that hate ALL
fluorescent lighting. Mind you these folks who are so concerned about
emf are the same folks with home computing wi-fi systems and cell &
cordless telephones next to their heads.

EMF drops off with the inverse square law, so even IF the inverter was
producing a significant amount unless you were right next to it, it is
nothing to be concerned with. If this was a real issue as some claim,
the wires in the wall right next to your head when you are sleeping are
probably much more worrisome. I doubt a heavily enclosed inverter like
the OB would produce any noticeable magnetic flux. Heck, the 6.5 mW
hydro plant I work at part time has next to none.

Todd

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com