Direct Grid Tie Ground Wire [RE-wrenches]

Mark Frye markf at berkeleysolar.com
Mon Apr 7 16:17:42 PDT 2008

Drake,

I read it as you read, it is both and it does have to be #8. We are lucky
that they are allowing it to be the same conductor. However, unless you can
get your AHJ to let you drop the #8 requirement on the DC ground electrode
conductor (or system ground)(seems reasonable to me for small sized systems)
then the 10/3 with ground won't cut it.

Either run the separate #8 GEC or run 8/3 with ground, or run flex and pull
#10's and the #8. I prefer the to run the flex and pull.

:-(

Mark Frye
Berkeley Solar Electric Systems
271 Vistamont Dr