AEE Dump Load Element for Water Heaters [RE-wrenches]

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 4 11:04:23 PDT 2008

HI all
I have a install where i am going to use the AEE dump
load for water heaters.

I called and was told that they have a tapered thread
and do not use a rubber washer.  That in 20 years they
have not had a leak problem.  The manufacture
recomended we use teflon tape on threads.

As to the switching of DC I am concerned as to short
life of the contacts.  I am going to try a solid state
relay, and will inform group.

BTW I spoke with Morning Star on the PWM staying on to
prevent arcing, I was told that there is noway to
garrantee the TS45 or 60 stays on PWM.
Darryl

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php