Search previous messages [RE-wrenches]

Michael Welch michael.welch at re-wrenches.org
Fri Feb 15 09:22:22 PST 2008

Hi gang. If you have any questions or comments about the stuff below, please contact me OFF list.

I want you to know that last week we got the go-ahead to move the Wrench listserver, including all the archives.

Here is what we are looking at:
Having our own domain, re-wrenches.org (note my From: email address)
Using Mailman as our listserver
Moving the Biographies from Sharkey's site to our own
Adding a file up- and download area for file sharing among list members
Making the move as seamless as possible for you all

And future possibilities:
Moving the RE-Bitching list
Offering our hosting to Bill Roush for the RE-Markets list
Starting a new thermal-wrenches list
Adding a Wrench Wiki
Offering anybody that needs it an re-wrenches.org email address

There are still some technical issues involved, including:
Putting the archives in a format that Mailman can use (need a RegExp expert)
Figuring out how to use one login and password for all functions of the site

Home Power loves sponsoring this community, and we want to do it right and make it look good. So, because of the tech and aesthetics parts of this migration, I cannot give you an exact time that we will be finished and ready to go, or even if all three of the main features will be ready at once. But I did want you to know that we are working on it.

Steve is right, Topica's search feature has been broken for several months, and was spotty before that. Also, the digest function has been broken since sometime late fall. Topica's free list service has become their "ugly stepchild" and receives little attention from their staff anymore -- not that it was ever fantastic, but for a long time it was the best around.

Mark's idea is one that many of us have been using for years. I have ALL the past messages in Eudora (est. Oct. 1999: 23,586 messages not including this one), and my Wrench mailboxes will become the basis for the archives at the new host.

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com
This email was sent to: michael.welch at re-wrenches.org