Photron was: Why I abuse batteries was: trojan battery cycle [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Fri Feb 15 08:03:57 PST 2008

Jay,
I guess this will date me too, friend...

The Photron Levelert was not a SG probe. It was, according to the
Batterylite spec sheet (only Photron could pack 6 pages of info onto a
single sheet), a "battery fluid level sensor accessory". Its function was
"To inform a control or moitoring device of lead acid battery cell
electrolyte level (presence) so device can react to insufficient electrolyte
level as required by specific device control/monitor application in use."
Whew!

I wish Larry Jennings hadn't crashed, burned, and disappeared. Our industry
could use his genius today. He was way ahead of his time, and had no use for
NRTL listings...

Allan